Awards seem to me a bit like Christmas presents – something that you can enjoy and relive that connects you to other blogs. Over the last quarter I have been lucky enough to be recognized by two additional bloggers.
Those awards were for the Super Sweet Blogging Award and the Very Inspiring Blogger Award. I had previous been nominated for the Inspiring Blogger award so this appears to be a step in the right direction. Actually, since August I have had a marked increase in traffic here at Zhongguo Jumble and that has been an extremely rewarding experience as well.
The blogs that nominated me were The Retiring Sort (back in October) for the Super Sweet Blogging Award and Expatially Mexico (at the beginning of December) for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award. Both awards ask you to put the award into your site (done here) and thank those who nominated me and then answer some questions. Thank you both for the honor.
The Super Sweet Blogging Award asks a few questions as well:
1) Cookie or cake? I choose cookies (especially Oreos) – or frosted Christmas cookies
2) Chocolate or vanilla? Ice cream – vanilla, most other things – chocolate
3) What is your favorite sweet treat? From the store – Reeses Peanut Butter Cups, from the kitchen – my mom’s pies
4) When do you crave sweet things the most? When I’m bored, or in late afternoon
5) If you had a sweet nickname what would it be? One of the terms of endearment here in China (though I haven’t been called it) is 小甜瓜 (Xiao tian gua) which translates to Little sweet melon. I’d choose that nickname.
I thought this nomination was interesting because while I do occasionally post on food it is not my only focus, but I do like to eat a lot, so it is fitting.
The Very Inspiring Blogging Award takes a slightly different tactic and asks me to share 7 things about myself. I’ve approached these requests in different ways – last time sharing things that I found inspiring. This time I’d like to share a few things that I am hoping to accomplish in the next year. It’s a little early for New Year’s resolutions, but still within the right time frame. I’m sure I’ll think of more, but these three seem to set up next year nicely.
1) Travel to another beach (perhaps Bali?) – I haven’t been to the beach since our wonderful trip at Chinese New Year to the Philippines and am craving sun and sand.
2) Have friends over to my apartment for a dinner cooked in my oven (after the oven is fixed). Unfortunately two months after I moved in, the oven went kaput. I am still waiting for a replacement part.
3) Travel to a place in China that is off the beaten path. One chance may be Guizhou to deliver the desks to the school (we finally hit our goal!), but if that doesn’t work, I’d still like it to happen.
And finally, here are a few of my current reads that I’d like to share with you. Please do stop by and check them out.
Expat Alien – My favorite part may be her Food Friday posts where she posts on delicious meals from all over the world.
Jots from a Small Apartment (who nominated me for one of my very first awards and still follows and comments today) – Jots writes fiction and poetry as well as shares her view on life. One of my favorites.
ABC in Shanghai – I am certain we live within a 20 minute walk of each other, but lead very different lives in Shanghai. We’ve never met, but I can relate to his posting on living here in Shanghai.
Roomaomao – This is another blog about living in Shanghai that has some great images. Roomaomao also writes great comments on some of my posts, making me feel that I’ve hit a chord.
Thank you for following me this year! Stay tuned… much more life to come!